SAM-2 status precedence - RESERVATION CONFLICT vs. CHECKCONDITON/UNIT ATTENTION/POWER ON OCCURRED

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Mon Mar 25 14:56:08 PST 2002

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 01:42 PM 3/25/2002 -0600, Elliott, Robert wrote:

>5.3.2 Status precedence
>If more than one condition applies to a completed task, the report of a
>BUSY, RESERVATION CONFLICT, ACA ACTIVE or TASK SET FULL status shall take
>precedence over the return of any other status for that task.

Maybe I'm reading this in an idiosyncratic fashion, but it seems to me
there is no problem. I read the text above as how to select one condition
amongst possibly many SIMULTANEOUSLY CREATED conditions. In other words,
there is no conflict between the UNIT ATTENTION CHECK CONDITION because the
device server doesn't event get to the point where it realizes a
RESERVATION CONFLICT exists.

I may be overlooking some fundamental aspect of SAM, but I suspect my
confusion may be instructive for the debate.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue