SBP-2 Implementation survey: page_size field in ORB

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Fri Mar 22 10:32:03 PST 2002

At the last SBP-3 working group meeting I was asked to canvass disk drive
and other vendors with respect to their SBP-2 implementations.

If your company sells SBP-2 product, would you please respond either
directly to me or to the reflectors.

QUESTION: What is your company's target behavior with respect to the
page_size field when the page_table_present bit is zero? For example, is
the field ignored? If not, how is it interpreted?

The question arises because of uncertainty as to whether or not SBP-2 was
sufficiently clear in this matter. I intend to aggregate the responses for
working group discussion.

Moments earlier I sent a background EMail on this topic to the SBP-3
reflector. If you are not subscribed and would like a copy (with its
attached PDF file), please contact me.

Regards,

Peter Johansson
Project Leader, SBP-3