Question about validity of PR info.

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 12 19:40:28 PST 2002

* "Kevin D Butt" <kdbutt at us.ibm.com>
*

Dave,

It seems to me that the indication of validity is an internal target flag
that was specifically spelled out to ensure that targets save information
to indicate validity.  At least, that's how I interpret this statement.

Kevin D. Butt
IBM Tape Products
SCSI and Fibre Channel Microcode Development
6TYA, 9032 S. Rita Rd.
Tucson, AZ  85744
Office:  (520)799-5280, Tie-line 321
Lab: (520)799-2869
Fax:  (520)799-4062
Email:  kdbutt at us.ibm.com

                      "Ulrich, David"
                      <dulrich at lsil.com        To:       "'t10 at t10.org'" <t10 at t10.org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Question about validity of PR info.
                      owner-t10 at t10.org

                      03/12/2002 11:34
                      AM

SPC-3 rev. 5, section 5.5.3.2 outlines the information that must be
preserved across resets and possibly power cycle events.  Item a is listed
as "Indication of whether the registration (or reservation) information is
valid".

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what determines whether
or not the information is valid?  Is this just a field that allows for
information to be quickly voided without zeroing out all the information or
does it serve a more specific purpose?

David Ulrich
david.ulrich at lsil.com
LSI Logic Storage Systems Division