iscsi : changes involving tgt portal group tag.

Santosh Rao santoshr at cup.hp.com
Tue Mar 5 19:05:19 PST 2002

* Santosh Rao <santoshr at cup.hp.com>
*
Jim Hafner wrote:

>  Within iSCSI, if we define
> some rule along the lines Santosh is suggesting (including TPGT and some
> sort of rule that requires changes at the naming layer to reflect changes
> to the portal group assignment), then I think all our basis are covered.

Jim & All,

In addition to the above, I believe the wording on portal group tag and
ISIDs needs to be tightened to require persistence of these properties
across power cycles of the iscsi node, in order to guarantee persistence
of the port identifier/name.

Section 2.4.3 could do with some updating to indicate that SCSI port
names are required to be persistent and world-wide unique. In order to
ensure persistence of an initiator port name, the ISID MUST be
persistent across clearing events that can occur at an initiator.
(including power cycle).

Similarly, in order to ensure persistence of the target port
name/identifer, the portal group tag MUST be persistent across clearing
events that can occur at a target. (including power cycle).

Comments ?

Regards,
Santosh

--