SCSI CDB: logical block address & transfer length

Lin Zhu lzhu at powersurfr.com
Tue Mar 5 17:00:11 PST 2002

* "Lin Zhu" <lzhu at powersurfr.com>

------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C1C46F.98159610

Hi All,
=20
I'm a little confused about the relationship between "logical block
address" and "transfer length" specified in CDB format. The logical
block address in CDB tells the target where the information is located
on the physical medium, while the transfer length tells the target how
much data to transfer, usually as an amount of blocks.=20
=20
My question is: suppose the transfer length(say, 128KB) is larger than =
block size(8KB) then how to specify the value of logical block
address(es) since the data will spread across multiple blocks (in this
example, 16 blocks) ?  Can someone please help me with this problem?
Thanks so much in advance.
=20
Lin

------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C1C46F.98159610

Hi All,

 I'm a little confused about the = relationship=20 between "logical block address" and "transfer length" specified in CDB = format.=20 The logical block address in CDB tells the target where the information = is=20 located on the physical medium, while the transfer length tells the = target how=20 much data to transfer, usually as an amount of blocks.

 My question is: suppose the = transfer=20 length(say, 128KB) is larger than a block size(8KB) then how = to=20 specify the value of logical block address(es) since the data will = spread across=20 multiple blocks (in this example, 16 blocks) ?  Can someone please = help me=20 with this problem? Thanks so much in advance.

 Lin

------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C1C46F.98159610--