Persistent Reserve Out "Preempt"

Gen-Hwa Chiang gchiang at confluencenetworks.com
Tue Jun 11 10:58:40 PDT 2002

* "Gen-Hwa Chiang" <gchiang at confluencenetworks.com>
*
I have a question on "Preempting Reservation"  SPC-2 Last paragraph of
Section 5.5.3.6.3.3 page 35.
It states the following:

"A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT specifying a PREEMPT service action with the
SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY
value equal to the reservation key is not an error. In that case the
device server shall establish the new reservation."

What should be done to the registration of other initiators that matches
the "SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY"?  Should they be removed and a Unit
attention be established?  I would assume the answer is YES except for
the initiator that issued this PREEMPT request.

Any comments?

Gen-Hwa Chiang
> Confluence Networks, Inc.
> gchiang at confluencenetworks.com
> P: 408.228.6536
> F: 408.228.6501

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! ..." Romans 7:24-25

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org