Style Guide changes/updates

Dennis Moore dmoore at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 23 14:41:41 PDT 2002

* "Dennis Moore" <dmoore at ix.netcom.com>

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01C23257.0EE57EE0

There is going to be an update to the Editor's Style Guide in about =
four
weeks. I have received several comments from Dave Peterson, Cris
Simpson, and Rob Elliot that I have summarized below. If you have any
additional comments or suggested changes please send them to me.
As was noted at the T10 Plenary there will also be two new sections
added that will cover the things an editor needs to consider that might
be command set or protocol specific. Cris Simpson is going to make a
first pass at this but if you can think of anything to be considered
please send me the information.
=20
Comments received so far:

1. Mode pages shall be clearly identified as such. Use "Control mode
page" not "Control page".
2. Mode page names shall be capitalized even across hyphens. Use
"Disconnect-Reconnect mode page" not "Disconnect-reconnect mode page".
3. 'specific' shall be prefixed with a hyphen when used with a noun to
create an adjective (e.g., protocol-specific event, techniques are
vendor-specific).=20
4. Fields 'contain' values as opposed to 'have' values.
5. There were also several comments on formatting issues with the
Framemaker template that I will fix.
=20

If you can think of anything else that would be useful, please let me
know.
Thank you,
dmoore at ix.netcom.com =20
=20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01C23257.0EE57EE0

There is going to be an update to the = Editor's=20 Style Guide in about four weeks. I have received several comments = from Dave=20 Peterson, Cris Simpson, and Rob Elliot that I have summarized below. If = you have=20 any additional comments or suggested changes please send them to=20 me.
 As was noted at the T10 Plenary there = will also be=20 two new sections added that will cover the things an editor needs to = consider=20 that might be command set or protocol specific. Cris Simpson = is going=20 to make a first pass at this but if you can think of anything to be = considered=20 please send me the information.

 Comments received so far:
 1. Mode pages shall be clearly = identified as=20 such. Use "Control mode page" not "Control page".
 2. Mode page names shall be = capitalized even=20 across hyphens. Use "Disconnect-Reconnect mode page" not = "Disconnect-reconnect=20 mode page".
 3. 'specific'=20 shall be prefixed with a hyphen when used with a noun to create an = adjective=20 (e.g., protocol-specific event, techniques are vendor-specific). =
4. Fields 'contain' values as = opposed to 'have'=20 values.
 5. There were also several comments = on formatting=20 issues with the Framemaker template that I will fix.

 If you can think of anything = else that=20 would be useful, please let me know.
 Thank you,
 dmoore at ix.netcom.com
     =

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01C23257.0EE57EE0--