Comment on 02-075r0

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Fri Feb 22 16:21:20 PST 2002

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 06:08 PM 2/22/2002 -0600, Elliott, Robert wrote:

>The term "protocol" usually means SPI, FCP, SBP, etc.

In the context of SAM, etc., "protocol" has come to have this parochial
meaning. I think we would be better served by consistently using the phrase
"transport protocol" in application to FCP, iSCSI, SBP, SPI, SRP, etc.

>I recommend finding another term to replace "protocol identifier" or this
>page will be very confusing. [...] maybe "software interface" would do.

Indeed it would! Thanks for the suggestion, Rob. I think this change is
simple enough to avoid the immediate generation of an 02-075r1.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue