de facto obsolete sbc-2 ops

Pat LaVarre LAVARRE at iomega.com
Tue Feb 19 08:52:00 PST 2002

* "Pat LaVarre" <LAVARRE at iomega.com>
*
Q1) Do sbc-2 folk hang out here at <t10 at t10.org>?

> The following operation codes
> are vendor-specific: ... 23h ...

Q2) I wish.  Has the time come to acknowledge Microsoft's de facto definition of this op?  Can we make x23 "obsolete" rather than "vendor-specific"?

Q3) Can we obsolete x8B?  On the theory that for some people this will be the Seek op for 64-bit Lba's?

Thanks in advance.    Pat LaVarre

P.S.

> 5.1.43 XDWRITEREAD (32) command
> This command is only available
> on transport protocols supporting bidirectional commands.

Fun, thank you.  I had heard rumour of devices moving out more than the 16 byte Cdb length limit of Atapi/Usb etc. and I had heard rumours of commands that move data both in & out, but this is very concrete.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org