Standard message sets for processor devices

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Mon Feb 11 19:23:09 PST 2002

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 06:28 PM 2/11/2002 -0600, Ralph Weber wrote:

>Since there are only about 20 contiguous reserved bytes left in the
>Standard INQUIRY data and since you clearly would have to accommodate more
>than one EUI-48 to cover the several documents that might eventually apply
>to an implementation, I guess you are
>proposing a new VPD page.

Ralph,

I think one EUI-48 is entirely sufficient to uniquely identify a
protocol---but perhaps a new VPD page is, as you suggest, the logical place
for such information, whether it be one 48-bit number or many. I'll see to
a proposal in time for CAP in Dallas.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.