SSC-2: Resolution for undecompressable data

Dave Peterson dap at cisco.com
Tue Aug 27 07:47:14 PDT 2002

* "Dave Peterson" <dap at cisco.com>
*
Howdy Dennis,

How's this:

When compressed data is encountered on the medium that the device server is
unable to decompress, the device server shall return CHECK CONDITION status.
The sense key shall be set to MEDIUM ERROR, and the additional sense code
shall be set to CANNOT DECOMPRESS USING DECLARED ALGORITHM. Undecompressed
data may be returned to the application client as a single variable length
block with the ILI bit and INFORMATION fields set accordingly. The
logical position is vendor specific following this condition. As such, the
application client should issue a READ POSITION command following this
condition to re-establish positioning.

Note XX: the undecompressed data may contain more than one logical element.

...dap

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org