Is FCP_CONF support mandatory for FC-Tape

Dave Peterson dap at cisco.com
Fri Aug 16 07:40:30 PDT 2002

* "Dave Peterson" <dap at cisco.com>
*
Howdy Shankar,

An FC-Tape compliant initiator is not required to implement a (T12) FCP_CONF
IU.
It is allowed at the initiator and support for FCP_CONF at the initiator is
specified via the PRLI Confirmed Completion Allowed bit.

An FC-Tape compliant target is required to implement an (I5) FCP_RSP IU
(i.e., FCP_RSP with Confirm),
and may use it (provided the FCP_CONF is supported at the initiator).

...dap