Server Crash

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Thu Aug 15 19:24:13 PDT 2002

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
The server that assigns T10 document numbers, allows editors to upload
working drafts, processes letter ballots, etc. crashed yesterday in a
manner that trashed both the primary drive and the mirror drive. I am
restoring the machine to my most recent backup and expect the server to be
operational some time on Friday August 16th.

This crash did not affect the web site, ftp site, nor the reflectors.

I am embarrassed to say that the votes on the SMC-2 letter ballot were
lost. About 13 of you had already voted and will need to vote again. All
eligible voters should receive a duplicate of the letter ballot when I
finish the recovery.

There may be some other isolated losses, but I am fairly sure that none of
the T10 documents, working drafts, or vendor IDs were lost. If you should
notice any problems, please let me know.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
Colo Spgs, CO 80907

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org