Disconnect SCSI Target with multiple LUN's

Petit Laurent laurent.petit at barco.com
Thu Aug 8 07:32:12 PDT 2002

* Petit Laurent <laurent.petit at barco.com>
*
Hello,

I would like advise from somebody who has experience with multiple LUN's
within a SCSI device.
I have a SCSI device which has 2 LUN's. When accessing the first LUN, I want
the Target to disconnect from the SCSI bus. Looking at the SCSI signals with
a scope, I can see they are released and the initiator can send commands to
other SCSI devices on the bus.
The problem is when the initiator wants to access the other LUN. The
application using SCSI PASS-THROUGH waits until the command sent to the
first LUN completes before issuing a command to the other LUN.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have access to a LUN of a Target
which has previously disconnected from the SCSI bus with another LUN and how
to do that ?

Thank you for your help.

Laurent Petit
Design Engineer
BARCO SILEX
Rue du Bosquet 7				1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Tel: +32 - 10 - 45 49 04		Fax: +32 - 10 - 45 46 36
Tel direct: +32 - 10 - 48 64 40
laurent.petit at barco.com			http://www.barco-silex.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org