ASC/ASCQ question

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 2 16:00:15 PDT 2002

* "Kevin D Butt" <kdbutt at us.ibm.com>
*

Yes.  Mode Parameters changed equals both changed and restored since
restored has the effect of possibly changing them.

Kevin D. Butt
Fibre Channel & SCSI Architect
IBM Tape Microcode,
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ  85744
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-2869, Fax: 799-4138, Email:
kdbutt at us.ibm.com

                      "Ken Craig"
                      <kcraig at istor.com        To:       <t10 at t10.org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  ASC/ASCQ question
                      owner-t10 at t10.org

                      08/02/2002 02:58
                      PM

* "Ken Craig" <kcraig at istor.com>
*
SAM states that a UA condition is entered into
when a LUN's mode parameters have been changed
or restored.  I can find an ASC/ASCQ for changed
in the latest SPC-3 but I can't find a set for
restore.  Are we supposed to use the changed
mode parameters ASC/ASCQ for restored.  I can see
where changed could be interpreted as restored but
I just want to make sure.

Thanks,
Ken Craig
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org