Media Changer / Drive Serial Protocol Working Group: Nov. 6, 2001

Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com
Fri Sep 28 16:24:00 PDT 2001

*
* From the fc reflector, posted by:
* Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com
*
Several of us have discussed forming a working group of vendors of media
changers and removable media drives -- mostly tape libraries and tape
drives -- to develop a standard protocol for serial communications between
the library and the drive.  This message is to propose a time and place for
the first meeting; next week I will send a detailed call for participation.

As most of the right people seem to attend T10 meetings, this has seemed
like the best time to hold the working group, so that we can conserve
travel costs.  Adaptec has graciously provided a meeting room for all day
Tuesday (November 6th) of the next T10 Plenary week, in Monterey, CA.  By
this coming Friday, October 5th, they need a final decision on whether the
meeting will proceed.  They also need for all attendees to make a room
reservation at the hotel, so that the cost of the meeting room will be
covered.

Please let me know ASAP whether this date and a start time of 9:00 AM would
work for you or whoever will represent your company.  I need to know how
many attendees we will have.

The meeting map is available at http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/mtg_map.txt
Please disregard the 8:00 AM starting time; we'll probably use 9:00.

The meeting information, including location, price, and group name is at
http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/announce/ann-m046.pdf

Thanks very much,

Paul Suhler

Senior Staff Development Engineer