SRP - Discovery and Login

Edward A. Gardner eag at ophidian.com
Thu Sep 27 13:05:38 PDT 2001

* "Edward A. Gardner" <eag at ophidian.com>
*
This is the one known open technical issue remaining with SRP.  The
discussion to date (at SRP working groups and teleconferences) appears to
have stabilized that the extra 8 bytes or extension should come from
somewhere in the IOControllerProfile attribute.  I have not seen any
proposal on what field in that attribute might be used.  I think they are
still hung up in corporate and/or IBTA NDA concerns.  Or maybe it's simply
that the applicable IBTA working group is moving slowly (I don't participate
in that, I can't tell what the delay is).  The T10 people working on this
are Cris Simpson (Intel) with support from Rob Haydt (Microsoft) and perhaps
Rob Elliott (Compaq).

Edward A. Gardner               eag at ophidian.com
Ophidian Designs                719 593-8866 voice
1262 Hofstead Terrace           719 593-8989 fax
Colorado Springs, CO  80907     719 210-7200 cell