SRP - Discovery and Login

John Tyndall jtyndall at crossroads.com
Thu Sep 27 12:02:25 PDT 2001

* "John Tyndall" <jtyndall at Crossroads.com>
*

I have been trying to figure out how a host accomplishes discovery and
login on an Infiniband fabric. I can find the IOController and the
Service ID of the SRP service, but when I go to build the REQ and the
SRP_LOGIN_REQ to request a connection how do I set the Target Port ID? I
can build the First 8 bytes of the Target Port ID from the GUID of the
IOController which is known, but I have found no way to find or
calculate the 8 bytes of extension. There seems to be no restriction on
what the extension can be. Is this a hole in SRP or IB or am I just
missing something?

John Tyndall
Architect
Crossroads Systems Inc.