Question about Set Streaming Command

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Tue Sep 25 18:38:03 PDT 2001

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hi Xin,

Would you refer to
ftp.avc-pioneer.com/Mtfuji5/Proposal/Jul00/PIONEER/getp_sets.PDF? This file
has example of performance descriptor.
To control the Write speed, in my understanding, most inner portion (LBA=0)
data transfer rate and rotation control is used. (Sometimes, BUFE bit in
write parameter mode page is referred.) Because spindle motor rotation
speed makes limit of data transfer rate.

Usually, Read Speed is controled by drive automatically. So I think setting
read speed does not so much meaning and highest or equal to write speed may
be used.

regards,

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.