IDEMA Request to the T10 committee

Aloisi, Paul paul_aloisi at ti.com
Fri Sep 21 05:19:36 PDT 2001

* "Aloisi, Paul" <paul_aloisi at ti.com>
*
John,

Changing the block size from 512 to 4K needs to be reviewed in all the SCSI
documents for the clear statement to IDEMA. A reflector discussion before
the November CAP and SPI meetings is important to make sure everyone gives
it some thought ahead of time.

This is required for ECC expansion for the higher density recording
techniques.

When this is implemented the drivers and operating systems are the main
obstacles. We will have to work in STA to communicate this to all the
effected parties. We may need to develop a driver-operating system profile
document to support the change.

Thank you,
Paul