SPI-4 / ECP

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Fri Sep 7 08:55:06 PDT 2001

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Mike,

As I recall, these fields were made 8 bits because there was a proposal under
consideration at the time to increase the number of SCSI addresses on the
bus.  While that proposal did not get accepted, there is not much harm in the
ECP fields being larger than needed.  At least for now, the upper 4 bits will
always be zero.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
Colo Spgs, CO 80907