SSC-2 Action Items

JoeBre at exabyte.com JoeBre at exabyte.com
Tue Sep 4 10:50:17 PDT 2001

* JoeBre at Exabyte.COM

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1356A.0EEEA190

(Tape Drives and Media Changers)
MESSAGE_REJECT message sent to initiator, processing continues as if
Queue tag message was not sent.

This seems like a good behavior to carry forward.

> 2. Determine how drives which do not support unloading at EOT
> will behave
> when LOAD UNLOAD has LOAD=0 and EOT=1.

(Tape Drives)
We ignore the EOT bit in all cases. Accodringly, we will rewind to PBOT
and eject (provided of course that media removal is not currently
prevented).

Yes, we understand that this is not according to spec.

It would probably be useful if SSC-2 allowed eject at BOP, EOP, and
current position. New bits in byte 4 could be defined to specify these
behaviors. Mid-tape load is a concept we seem to readdress every product
cycle.

Joe Breher
Exabyte Corp