FW: PERSISTENT RESERVE/RESERVE Interoperability

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 17 07:36:51 PDT 2001

* "George Penokie" <gop at us.ibm.com>
*

I stand corrected. Gerry is correct as the paragraph pointed to be David is
clear on the point.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

"Ulrich, David" <dulrich at lsil.com>@t10.org on 10/17/2001 08:38:23 AM

Sent by:  owner-t10 at t10.org

To:   "'t10 at t10.org'" <t10 at t10.org>
cc:   "'Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com'" <Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com>
Subject:  FW: PERSISTENT RESERVE/RESERVE Interoperability

I would have thought that the following paragraph under section 5.5.1
(Reservations Overview) would apply.

The two methods are prevented from creating conflicting and undefined
interactions using RESERVATION
CONFLICT status in the following manner. If a logical unit has executed a
PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT
command with the REGISTER or the REGISTER AND IGNORE EXISTING KEY service
action and is still registered
by any initiator, all RESERVE commands and all RELEASE commands regardless
of initiator shall conflict
and shall terminate with a RESERVATION CONFLICT status. If a logical unit
has been reserved by any RESERVE
command and is still reserved by any initiator, all PERSISTENT RESERVE IN
and all PERSISTENT RESERVE
OUT commands shall conflict regardless of initiator or service action and
shall terminate with a RESERVATION
CONFLICT status.

David Ulrich
LSI Logic Storage Systems