PERSISTENT RESERVE/RESERVE Interoperability

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 17 06:09:56 PDT 2001

* "George Penokie" <gop at us.ibm.com>
*

Actually, it is not clear at all as to whether a reservation conflict is
returned after a PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT (REGISTER) is executed and a before
a PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT (RESERVE) is executed. In fact I can find no words
as to what should happen during that window. But in a strict sense there is
no reservation until the PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT (RESERVE) is executed
(i.e., a registration is not a reservation) therefore I would say a RESERVE
command would be allowed and accepted up to the point of the PERSISTENT
RESERVE OUT (RESERVE) being executed by the logical unit.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com@t10.org on 10/16/2001 10:08:05 PM

Sent by:  owner-t10 at t10.org