Comments on 00-359r6; extra unit attentions are permitted

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 12 09:40:32 PDT 2001

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
> The 00-359r6 proposed changes to 5.8.4.2 have been reviewed twice by a CAP
> working group -- once in July and again in September.  Neither working group
> commented on or requested any alteration in those proposed changes.

Stop bellyaching. You asked for this with your silly "modified two week
rule".

> The "clarification" you propose is contrary to the entire intent of the
> proposal -- it recreates the problem this proposal is trying to cure.

Careful inspection of the situation reveals that you are correct. The
proposed change is truly "contrary to the entire intent of the proposal."
I hereby withdraw, the first proposed change in 01-299r0. r1 of the
comments is available at:

    ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.01/01-299r1.pdf

> You will not see a lively debate in November, instead you will see the
> proposal withdrawn.

As the editor who has to incorporate this in both SAM-2 and SPC-3,
I feel an affinity with the immortal words of Harry Calihan,
"Go ahead, make my day."

Ralph...
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org