Question about Set Streaming Command

XinLi at oaktech.com XinLi at oaktech.com
Mon Oct 1 18:52:11 PDT 2001

* XinLi at oaktech.com
*

Hi, Keiji-san and all,

Thank you!

What I want to get a clear idea is if there is any restriction or limit on
"Number of Performance Descriptors" or the number of performance segments
defined by the Start/End LBA on a given medium.  In the implementation of
the command SET STREAMING, there should be a limit on this and  the
implementer should control the numbers, say 8 or 16.  I don't care much
about the details of performance or read/write speed itself.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there implemented this command ?
Could you share with me your experience or tips of the implementation if
possible?

Thank you very much,

Xin Li
Oak Technology,  Inc.
139 Kifer Court, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Phone:(408)616-6127  Fax:(408)523-6524
Email: XinLi at oaktech.com

                    keiji_katata at post.pio
                    neer.co.jp                   To:     mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
                    Sent by:                     cc:     t10 at t10.org
                    owner-t10 at t10.org            Subject:     Re: Question about Set Streaming Command

                    10/01/2001 04:55 AM

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hi Xin,

I have no idea. You must control using "Maximum Number of Descriptors".
By the way, recent CD-R/RW drives control its writing speed automatically.
But their speed is very high. Why do you need to know the details of the
performance?

Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org