Automatic T10 document number assignments and posting

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Fri Mar 16 10:47:51 PST 2001

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Assignment of T10 document numbers and posting T10 documents is now
automated.  You'll find new links on the T10 Web site to the document
number request forms (http://www.t10.org/members/ad.htm).

If you are revising a document, PLEASE use the revised document number form
instead of requesting a brand-new number.  If I notice someone abusing
this, I will remove their privilege to use this facility.

If you are a T10 Principal, Alternate, or Advisory member, you should be
able to do the whole process without human intervention.  The process for
non-members is still easy, but an administrator (me, for now) must approve
the request before a document number is assigned.

When a document number is assigned, you will receive an email telling you
what your document number is.  All you have to do to post your document, is
reply to the email with your file or files attached.

If you cannot make PDF files, reply with the source file.  The
administrator will create the PDF for you (assuming he has the proper
software to process your source file).  Even if you can make the PDF file,
please also attach the source file.  I often need the source file to
re-create a PDF file.

This facility currently only works for T10 documents using PDFs.  Working
Drafts, plenary meeting notices, and non-PDF T10 documents (e.g.,
spreadsheets) still need to be sent to me for posting.

While I have tested this facility extensively, bugs have a way of
hiding.  Please let me know of any you find.

Thanks!
John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
Colo Spgs, CO 80907