SPR Working Group meeting comments

George_Penokie at tivoli.com George_Penokie at tivoli.com
Fri Jul 27 13:12:48 PDT 2001

* George_Penokie at tivoli.com
*
I have several comments on the minutes from the July 19th and 20th SRP
Working Group meeting. I would not be making several of these comments if
it was not for the headlong rush to get SRP into letter ballot.

Item 8 - States 'Ed will obtain a document number for this material.'  So
where is it. It's been a week and I see nothing yet on the web site.
Item 9 - States 'The group recommended unanimously that this proposal as
modified by included in SRP.' So where is it. It's been a week and I see no
modified 01-205 proposal.
Item 10 - States 'This document raised a few questions that were resolved
in discussion of the SRP operation overview.' So now what happens to
01-228? Is it dropped, will it be reved, will it go into SRP, or something
else.
Item 11 - States 'The group recommended unanimously that this proposal as
revised be included in SRP.' So where is it. It's been a week and I see no
revised document on the web site.
Item 13 - States 'Since doc posted, Ed has decided the Fmt and Count fields
should move down to Bytes 5-7, add bitmask to show formats supported. All
agreed.' So now that all have agreed no what is supposed to happen with
01-227?
Item 14 - States 'Proposal (prematurely) withdrawn in favor of 01-227.
Simpson will resubmit with memory-related fields removed.' So now what.
Although this appears to be an SRP-2 topic, when you look at the last rev
of 01-227 it only contains changes for SRP. Will this be reved and if so
where is it.
Item 16 - States 'Ed will change "indirect bit" to "format code" and "count
field" to "size". Many editorial comments.' So now what? Will 01-230 be
revised and talked about some more? If it is to be revised were is it?

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org