MMC WG Meeting Minutes, January 17, 2001

Bmcferrin at aol.com Bmcferrin at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 13:30:58 PST 2001


* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Bmcferrin at aol.com
*

--part1_1e.10346113.279a0c12_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

MMC3 Working Group - January 17, 2000 
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM 

Grosvenor Resort 
1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd 
Lake Buena Vista, FL 

T10 Meeting week 
Hosted by: Adaptec, Inc 


1.0 Opening Remarks 

This meeting has been authorized by NCITS T10 and will be conducted
under the 
NCITS rules. Ad hoc meetings take no final actions, but prepare 
recommendations for approval by the NCITS task group. The voting rules
for 
the meeting are those of the parent committee, NCITS T10. For the ad
hoc, 
other than straw votes, the voting rules are: one vote per participating

company. 

The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the T10 Reflector, the MMC

Reflector, and will be included in the next T10 committee mailing.
Attendance 
at a working group meeting does not count toward minimum attendance 
requirements for T10 membership. Working group meetings are open to any 
person or company to attend and to express their opinion on the subjects

being discussed. 

There was a Mt Fuji meeting during Tuesday morning. 

2.0 Introductions 
Present at the meeting: 
David Hanes Hewlett-Packard 
Kenji Tokumitsu Hitachi 
Tim Bradshaw Iomega 
Hiroshi Ueda Matsushita 
Emily Hill Microsoft 
Terry Nelson Panasonic 
Bill McFerrin Philips 
Toshiro Tanikawa Pioneer 
Keiji Katata Pioneer 
Takeshi Kohda Pioneer 
Masaetsu Takahashi Ricoh 
Masaaki Nakagawa Ricoh 
Yoshiyuki Sosaki Ricoh 
Cary Boyd Software Architects 
Joe Maciel Sony 

3.0 Document Distribution 
MMC draft rev 5C was distributed for review of MRW additions. 
MMC draft rev 6A was distributed for review of all other changes and 
additions. 

4.0 Call for Patents 

5.0 Approval of Agenda 




MMC3 WG MEETING MINUTES, JAN 17, 2001 PAGE 1 

6.0 Meeting Agenda 
Microsoft (Emily Hill) presentation of "Read Media Serial Number"
function 
was added to draft agenda. 

7.0 New Business 
Ron Roberts can no longer attend MMC meetings nor can he continue as MMC

document editor.  Bill McFerrin will take over this task in addition to 
duties as chair. 

7.1 - Mount Rainier Status (McFerrin) 
The MRW commands document is at least very close to rev 1.0.  Its
content has 
been merged into MMC draft revs 5C and 6A. 
These changes were reviewed during the morning session. 

7.2 - New items from OSJ - Lossless linking on CD-R/RW (Pioneer?) 
Takahashi-san of Ricoh presented this addition at the Mt Fuji meeting 
(Tuesday, Jan 16).  Emily Hill (Microsoft) pointed out that this could
cause 
trouble with existing applications (hangs).  The "enable" was then
required 
to default to switched off. 

7.3 - Mt Fuji changes (Pioneer) 
Kohda-san, Pioneer, provided changes for DVD-R/RW recording wrt
copyright 
management.  Some wording changes were made for better readability, but
no 
technical changes were made. 

8.0 Old Business: MMC3 Document Review 
Joe Maciel had several adjustments which were made during the meeting. 

9.0 Review of Action Items 
Bill McFerrin will make MMC3 draft rev 7 available to John Lohmeyer
during 
T10 plenary so that the rev is available on the website very soon. 

10.0 Future Meeting Schedule 
Next meeting in Dallas, Tx during T10 week.  Go to www.t10.org for exact

location and dates. 

11.0 Adjournment 
The meeting was adjourned at 5:15PM. 


Bill McFerrin

--part1_1e.10346113.279a0c12_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit


MMC3 Working Group - January 17, 2000 
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM 

Grosvenor Resort 
1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd 
Lake Buena Vista, FL 

T10 Meeting week 
Hosted by: Adaptec, Inc 


1.0 Opening Remarks 

This meeting has been authorized by NCITS T10 and will be conducted under the 
NCITS rules. Ad hoc meetings take no final actions, but prepare 
recommendations for approval by the NCITS task group. The voting rules for 
the meeting are those of the parent committee, NCITS T10. For the ad hoc, 
other than straw votes, the voting rules are: one vote per participating 
company. 

The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the T10 Reflector, the MMC 
Reflector, and will be included in the next T10 committee mailing. Attendance 
at a working group meeting does not count toward minimum attendance 
requirements for T10 membership. Working group meetings are open to any 
person or company to attend and to express their opinion on the subjects 
being discussed. 

There was a Mt Fuji meeting during Tuesday morning. 

2.0 Introductions 
Present at the meeting: 
David Hanes Hewlett-Packard 
Kenji Tokumitsu Hitachi 
Tim Bradshaw Iomega 
Hiroshi Ueda Matsushita 
Emily Hill Microsoft 
Terry Nelson Panasonic 
Bill McFerrin Philips 
Toshiro Tanikawa Pioneer 
Keiji Katata Pioneer 
Takeshi Kohda Pioneer 
Masaetsu Takahashi Ricoh 
Masaaki Nakagawa Ricoh 
Yoshiyuki Sosaki Ricoh 
Cary Boyd Software Architects 
Joe Maciel Sony 

3.0 Document Distribution 
MMC draft rev 5C was distributed for review of MRW additions. 
MMC draft rev 6A was distributed for review of all other changes and 
additions. 

4.0 Call for Patents 

5.0 Approval of Agenda 




MMC3 WG MEETING MINUTES, JAN 17, 2001 PAGE 1 

6.0 Meeting Agenda 
Microsoft (Emily Hill) presentation of "Read Media Serial Number" function 
was added to draft agenda. 

7.0 New Business 
Ron Roberts can no longer attend MMC meetings nor can he continue as MMC 
document editor.  Bill McFerrin will take over this task in addition to 
duties as chair. 

7.1 - Mount Rainier Status (McFerrin) 
The MRW commands document is at least very close to rev 1.0.  Its content has 
been merged into MMC draft revs 5C and 6A. 
These changes were reviewed during the morning session. 

7.2 - New items from OSJ - Lossless linking on CD-R/RW (Pioneer?) 
Takahashi-san of Ricoh presented this addition at the Mt Fuji meeting 
(Tuesday, Jan 16).  Emily Hill (Microsoft) pointed out that this could cause 
trouble with existing applications (hangs).  The "enable" was then required 
to default to switched off. 

7.3 - Mt Fuji changes (Pioneer) 
Kohda-san, Pioneer, provided changes for DVD-R/RW recording wrt copyright 
management.  Some wording changes were made for better readability, but no 
technical changes were made. 

8.0 Old Business: MMC3 Document Review 
Joe Maciel had several adjustments which were made during the meeting. 

9.0 Review of Action Items 
Bill McFerrin will make MMC3 draft rev 7 available to John Lohmeyer during 
T10 plenary so that the rev is available on the website very soon. 

10.0 Future Meeting Schedule 
Next meeting in Dallas, Tx during T10 week.  Go to www.t10.org for exact 
location and dates. 

11.0 Adjournment 
The meeting was adjourned at 5:15PM. 


Bill McFerrin

--part1_1e.10346113.279a0c12_boundary--




More information about the T10 mailing list