section 10.8.3.3.4

Sriram Srinivasan srirams at lsil.com
Tue Oct 17 09:38:15 PDT 2000

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>
*
George:

  I can see a 'hang condition' if the target follows your wording for
handling iuCRC errors for data or data stream or last command IUs :)

  How can u "send a SPI L_Q/SPI status IU" "before sending a SPI L_Q"?!?
 The words "before sending another SPI L_Q" says 'don't send a SPI L_Q'
then the words that follow say "send a SPI L_Q"!  So it cannot be worded
that way. :-)

  Sriram

~
~ * From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
~ * George_Penokie at tivoli.com
~ *
~ After looking over the notes that are being sent on section 10.8.3.3.4
and
~ some further consulting I have further modified my original two
paragraphs
~ as follows below. Note the first paragraph only applies to multiple
~ commands, last commands are covered in the second paragraph.
~
~ If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has
been
~ established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any multiple
command
~ SPI command information unit the target shall, before transitioning a
REQ
~ signal to receive the next SPI L_Q information unit, switch to a DT
DATA IN
~ phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair to the
initiator
~ with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED COMMAND
and
~ the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the task
~ associated with the iuCRC error.
~
~ If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has
been
~ established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any SPI data
~ information unit, SPI data stream information unit, or last command
SPI
~ command information unit it receives while in the DT DATA OUT phase
the
~ target shall, before sending another SPI L_Q information unit, switch
to a
~ DT DATA IN phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair
to the
~ initiator with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED
~ COMMAND and the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for
the
~ task associated with the iuCRC error.
~
~
~ Bye for now,
~ George Penokie
~
~ Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
~ E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
~ Internal:  553-5208
~ External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880
~
~ *
~ * For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
~ * 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
~

	"FORGET NOT THAT THE EARTH DELIGHTS TO FEEL YOUR BARE FEET,
               AND THE WINDS LONG TO PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR"
                                          -Khalil Gibran

 Sriram Srinivasan                       Sriram.Srinivasan at lsil.com
 ASIC Design Engineer, LSI Logic,
 2001 Danfield Ct., 				Phone: 970-206-5847
 Fort Collins, CO 80525				FAX  : 970-206-5244

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org