section 10.8.3.3.4

George_Penokie at tivoli.com George_Penokie at tivoli.com
Mon Oct 16 13:04:07 PDT 2000

* George_Penokie at tivoli.com
*
After looking over the notes that are being sent on section 10.8.3.3.4 and
some further consulting I have further modified my original two paragraphs
as follows below. Note the first paragraph only applies to multiple
commands, last commands are covered in the second paragraph.

If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has been
established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any multiple command
SPI command information unit the target shall, before transitioning a REQ
signal to receive the next SPI L_Q information unit, switch to a DT DATA IN
phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair to the initiator
with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED COMMAND and
the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the task
associated with the iuCRC error.

If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has been
established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any SPI data
information unit, SPI data stream information unit, or last command SPI
command information unit it receives while in the DT DATA OUT phase the
target shall, before sending another SPI L_Q information unit, switch to a
DT DATA IN phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair to the
initiator with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED
COMMAND and the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the
task associated with the iuCRC error.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org