use of non-volatile persistent reservations

Edward A. Gardner eag at ophidian.com
Tue Nov 14 11:08:43 PST 2000

* "Edward A. Gardner" <eag at ophidian.com>
*
Does anyone out there implement and/or use non-volatile persistent
reservations, or plan to in the near future?

Due to some architectural characteristics of IB and VI, SRP has some
problems with implementing non-volatile persistent reservations in a usable
manner.  I believe that iSCSI (or anything layered on TCP) has the same
characteristics and the same problems.  While I think I know how to address
this, there are also a lot of other things that are urgent.  I'm trying to
judge whether this is necessary before a usable SRP can exist, or can be
deferred a few months.

I'll be happy to keep any reply in confidence, just please remember to ask
that I do so.

Edward A. Gardner               eag at ophidian.com
Ophidian Designs                719 593-8866 voice
1262 Hofstead Terrace           719 593-8989 fax
Colorado Springs, CO  80907     719 210-7200 cell

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org