Persistent Reservation question

Ulrich, David dulrich at lsil.com
Mon Nov 13 13:41:33 PST 2000

* "Ulrich, David" <dulrich at lsil.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04DBA.7E38CC62

I have a question regarding the degree of mutual exclusion of RESERVE
commands and PERSISTENT RESERVE IN/OUT commands.

In the SPC-2 working draft rev. 18, section 5.5.1, page 21, the third
paragraph states that "if a logical unit has been reserved by any
RESERVE command and is still reserved by any initiator, all PERSISTENT
RESERVE IN and all PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT commands shall conflict
regardless of initiator or service action and shall terminate with a
RESERVATION CONFLICT status".

My question is, does that mean a PERSISTENT RESERVE IN/OUT command to
any logical unit or only the logical unit that is reserved using a
RESERVE command?  In other words, can the two different types of
reservations co-exist as long as they have been executed by different
logical units?

Thanks.

David Ulrich
dulrich at lsil.com
Storage Systems Division
LSI Logic Inc.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04DBA.7E38CC62

Persistent Reservation question I have a question regarding the degree = of mutual exclusion of RESERVE commands and PERSISTENT RESERVE IN/OUT = commands. In the SPC-2 working draft rev. 18, = section 5.5.1, page 21, the third paragraph states that ;if a = logical unit has been reserved by any RESERVE command and is still = reserved by any initiator, all PERSISTENT RESERVE IN and all PERSISTENT = RESERVE OUT commands shall conflict regardless of initiator or service = action and shall terminate with a RESERVATION CONFLICT = status;. My question is, does that mean a = PERSISTENT RESERVE IN/OUT command to any logical unit or only the = logical unit that is reserved using a RESERVE command?  In other = words, can the two different types of reservations co-exist as long as = they have been executed by different logical units? Thanks. David Ulrich
dulrich at lsil.com
Storage Systems Division
LSI Logic Inc.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C04DBA.7E38CC62--