SPC-2 Letter Ballot resolution

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at CompuServe.COM
Sat Nov 11 17:06:56 PST 2000

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
The latest revision of the SPC-2 letter ballot
resolution document is available as:

 ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.00/00-267r4.pdf

Approximately two-thirds of the comments now have
proposed resolutions, including all comments relating
to EXTENDED COPY and persistent reservations.

The PDF file contains several lists designed to help
you review the resolutions for your favorite comments
(e.g., a list of rejected comments, a list of substantive
comments accepted with editor's changes, a list of
comments concerning EXTENDED COPY, and a list of comments
concerning persistent reservations).  All lists have
hot link cross references to the listed comments.  So,
you should be able to point and whack your way through
the document quickly.

I AM NOT PLANNING ON TAKING MEETING TIME TO REVIEW
COMMENT RESOLUTIONS ONE BY ONE.  I expect you to use
the tools in the PDF file to assure yourself that
the resolutions are satisfactory.  If you have
problems with one or more proposed resolutions,
I'll be happy to discuss they with you by e-mail
or phone (214-912-1373).

I strongly recommend looked at the comments resolution
document between now and the January meeting.

I also wrote a summary of the results of the SPC-2 Letter
Ballot review meeting that is available as:

 ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.00/00-407r0.pdf

Finally, I've written some proposed inputs to the
planned T10 Style Guide based on SPC-2 comments resolution
work.  That document will be available soon as:

 ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.00/00-422r1.pdf

Note: there is an r0 already posted, but I'm having to
revise it because the discussion of table notes has been
superseded by a more through set of requirements in the
ISO/IEC Style Guide that T10 has already accepted and to
which the planned T10 Style Guide will refer.

Thanks.

Ralph...

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org