Posting of 00-229r0 - Task Aborted Status proposal

Mark_Heath at notes.seagate.com Mark_Heath at notes.seagate.com
Tue May 9 05:55:24 PDT 2000

* Mark_Heath at notes.seagate.com
*

Yes, I believe "shall not enter the task set" is more descriptive.

Thanks.

Mark Heath
Seagate Technology

"Binford, Charles" <cbinford at lsil.com> on 05/08/2000 12:58:38 PM

To:   "'Mark_Heath at notes.seagate.com'" <Mark_Heath at notes.Seagate.COM>
cc:   t10 at t10.org

Subject:  RE: Posting of 00-229r0 - Task Aborted Status proposal

Looks like I need to find some better words here.  In the situation
described I'd expect the target to send TASK SET FULL or BUSY if it
couldn't queue the new I/Os coming in while sending TASK ABORTED statuses.

Is "shall not enter the task set" more descriptive of the intent than
"process"?

Charles Binford
LSI Logic Storage Systems
(316) 636-8566