The assignment of ASC/ASCQ code values

Paul_A_Suhler at notes.seagate.com Paul_A_Suhler at notes.seagate.com
Tue Jan 18 09:22:35 PST 2000

* Paul_A_Suhler at notes.seagate.com
*
I'd like to respond to Ralph's comments on my notice that 99-347r3 was
available.  Partly this is to clear up a misunderstanding of what I said and
partly to learn what the philosophy is on providing guidance in the use of
ASC/ASCQs.

I was *never* attempting to suggest that each command set could assign the
numerical values for ASC/ASCQs.  That would indeed be chaos, as Ralph pointed
out.

What I was trying to say was that normative or informative text describing the
*use* of specific ASC/ASCQs belonged in individual command set specs.  Is this
in fact the prevailing philosophy on providing guidance on the use of
ASCs/ASCQs?

Cheers,

Paul

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org