Bug in SPI-3 numbers

gop at us.ibm.com gop at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 11 14:25:04 PST 2000

* gop at us.ibm.com
*
The following notes indicate a problem with SPI-3. The SCSI committee has
decided to handle this with by placing the following statement in table C.2
of SPI-3 rev 13.
'Note: It may not be possible to meet these parameters with passive
components.'
In addition a comment has been added to the SPI-3 comments resolution
document that indicates SPI-4 should adjust either the voltage or current
values in table C.2 to allow passive current limiting devices to work.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept Z9V  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

---------------------- Forwarded by George Penokie/Rochester/IBM on

Bob Snively <Bob.Snively at EBay.Sun.COM> on 11/29/99 10:08:49 AM

Please respond to Bob Snively <Bob.Snively at EBay.Sun.COM>