dmonger at msn.com
Wed Feb 23 19:32:04 PST 2000
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "peter" <dmonger at msn.com>
i was hoping to play around with persistent reservations this week but
unfortunately none of the disks in my office support it. So i'm forced to
ask others for information - hopefully this is the right forum.
i have three questions.
1) can multiple initiators register using the same key? If so does a
reservation using that key apply to all initiators?
2) If initiator A has a reservation for shared access and init. B (who has
no reservation) tries to do a read/write will B get a reservation conflict?
3) is persistent reserve widely implemented? base on my non-scientific
survey of 5 disks (3 FC, 2 scsi) i'd say no.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10