persistent_reserve question

peter dmonger at msn.com
Wed Feb 23 19:32:04 PST 2000

* "peter" <dmonger at msn.com>
*
i was hoping to play around with persistent reservations this week but
unfortunately none of the disks in my office support it.  So i'm forced to
ask others for information - hopefully this is the right forum.

i have three questions.

1) can multiple initiators register using the same key?  If so does a
reservation using that key apply to all initiators?

2) If initiator A has a reservation for shared access and init. B (who has
no reservation) tries to do a read/write will B get a reservation conflict?

3) is persistent reserve widely implemented?  base on my non-scientific
survey of 5 disks (3 FC, 2 scsi) i'd say no.

thanks,
-p

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org