How to make an initiator failover to alternate path?

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Tue Dec 5 15:20:26 PST 2000

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*

The event that would make an initiator fail over to another path is pretty
vendor specific. It would be better to ask the initiator vendor for his
recommendation.

That said, the target could try returning RESERVATION CONFLICT, QUEUE FULL,
or BUSY status for all I/Os on one path. These events are likely to cause
an initiator to try the alternate path.

"Venkat Rangan" <venkat at rhapsodynetworks.com>@t10.org on 12/05/2000
11:11:15 AM

Sent by:  owner-t10 at t10.org