How to make an initiator failover to alternate path?

Venkat Rangan venkat at rhapsodynetworks.com
Tue Dec 5 09:11:15 PST 2000

* "Venkat Rangan" <venkat at rhapsodynetworks.com>
*
Hi,

In a dual-path configuration two HBAs, as a target, I would like to make one
of the paths as "unavailable", so the host will failover quickly to the
second standby HBA. As a target, I could simply drop the I/Os, but I'm
looking for a faster failover. Is there a standard SCSI event that the
target can send to force the HBA to shut down one of the HBAs and use the
other path? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Venkat Rangan
Rhapsody Networks Inc.
www.rhapsodynetworks.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org