SBP-2 Study Group

Scott Smyers scott.smyers at am.sony.com
Tue Aug 8 17:20:07 PDT 2000

* Scott Smyers <scott.smyers at am.sony.com>
*
Peter,

I request that you reserve time on the AVWG agenda to present the results
of your study group meeting and to discuss the technical and standards
issues in general.

I know there is interest in the TA in this general area (particularly the
isochronous part) and your study group meeting in T10 followed by a report
to the AVWG could spur an offline meeting in Seattle to talk about what
work is needed, how, when and where is the most appropriate way to get the
work done, and how to coordinate the possibly multiple foci of activities
and interests.

Comments?

Scott

At 04:07 PM 8/3/00 -0600, BERKEMA,ALAN C (HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
 >* "BERKEMA,ALAN C (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <alan_berkema at hp.com>
 >*
 >The biggest criticism I always get about SBP-2 is that it is
 >Master/Slave (Initiator/Target) in a world where many
 >appliances might prefer to operate peer to peer. I realize
 >that for SBP-2 this also has many advantages.
 >
 >Any chance of discussing alternative ways to address this issue?
 >Besides just saying that a device support both roles.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Alan Berkema
 >Engineer Scientist
 >Hewlett Packard MS# 5558