Question on FCP-2, Clearing Effects of SCSI Initiator Actions

gop at us.ibm.com gop at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 24 07:29:11 PDT 1999

* gop at us.ibm.com
*
Rob,
I agree with you that there are some problems with the 'Clearing Effects of SCSI
Initiator Actions' table in FCP-2. This table was moved from PLDA to FCP-2 (a
good thing) and it has(had) the same problem in PLDA.
My question is why do the PLOGI, LOGO, PRLI, and PRLO effect all mode pages?
Those actions should only effect mode pages that control loop related behaviors
(e.g., Disconnect/Reconnect mode page, Port Control mode page). I believe the
table should be modified to make it clear that only those mode pages are
restored.
This should be put on the agenda for discussion at the next Joint T10/T11
Activity meeting.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept Z9V  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

robbyb at us.ibm.com on 09/21/99 09:47:19 AM