Re x+1: SAM-2 Revision 11

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Fri Sep 10 08:06:06 PDT 1999

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
I am trying to stay out of this but now I am worried:

Ralph wrote:
<<Also, I tend to think of the association being among Device
Servers (of which there is one for each Logical Unit).
I.e., there is one unique Device Server for each Logical Unit
and how they interact with each other is the association that
is beyond the scope of the SCSI Architecture Model.>>

     Well now I thought we had made it clear that multi-ported devices can
have one device server implemented which (notice the which that I prefer
even if Microsoft and perhaps ANSI do not) does the chores for as many LUNs
that it has hanging around. I agree that until the Application Client peeks
at the World-Wide Name (not port ID) that it appears that there are a bunch
of Device Servers. I also agree that there could be a plethora of Device
Servers getting all tangled up on one piece of media.

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org