Comment on 99-285r0 - Changes made while incorporating Logical Unit Self-tests

gop at us.ibm.com gop at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 11 14:01:03 PDT 1999

* gop at us.ibm.com
*
I do not agree with the following change that was placed into 99-258r0. This
only adds in another exception that I have to look for and I see no good reason
to allow it.

The conditions stated in 99-179r5 for terminating other SEND DIAGNOSTICS
commands while a background mode self-test is in progress allowed a command with
the SELFTEST bit set to one to execute and prohibited SES SEND DIAGNOSTICS
commands (which are pretty much the only commands SES has).  This was modified
to prohibit SELFTEST=1 and allow the SES uses of SEND DIAGNOSTICS.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept Z9V  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org