SPI-3 technical change

gop at us.ibm.com gop at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 19 08:27:16 PST 1999

* gop at us.ibm.com
*
While reviewing Brea Technologies letter ballot comments with Bill Galloway
some issues came up that we agreed needed a wider audience before placing
the changes into SPI-3.

Without the change below there is no way for packetized failures to be
returned because status in those cases is zero because we have no status's
for packetized failures. I believe this was a oversight and the below
change fixes the problem. If I heard no objections I will make the change.

One change would be to change the following sentence from section 14.2.5,
paragraph 2 from:

If a task completes with a GOOD status, a snsvalid bit of zero, and a
rspvalid bit of zero then the target <<shall>> set the data length field in
the SPI L_Q information unit (see 14.2.2) to zero.

to:

If a task completes with a GOOD status, a snsvalid bit of zero, and a
rspvalid bit of zero then the target <<should>> set the data length field
in the SPI L_Q information unit (see 14.2.2) to zero.

and to

Change the 8th paragraph 1st sentence from:

The status field contains the status of a task that completes with a status
other than GOOD.

to:

The status field contains the status of a task that completes.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept Z9V  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org