2 TByte Barrier

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Wed May 12 13:39:45 PDT 1999

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
I am willing to be editor. But I am not willing to start a project just
because there is an editor. I understand the reverse problem. I suggest the
work begin independent of the project until we have scoped out that
something worthwhile is coming. This looks like potentially one of those
items.

But on the other hand there is also an NSIC white paper to be published, or
published, directed at encouraging larger block sizes for areal densities
and heroic error correction not too far out. We should do some serious
discussion as to whether extending the addressability is counter productive
to encouraging the move to larger block sizes. By serious discussion I mean
beyond the knee jerk, but possibly correct, reaction that 512 byte blocks
are here forever.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com