2 TByte Barrier

Matthew Jacob mjacob at feral.com
Wed May 12 08:15:00 PDT 1999

* Matthew Jacob <mjacob at feral.com>
*

But a blocksize of 512 bytes is exceedingly uninteresting. It's getting to
the point that a processor 2nd level cache line will be 512 bytes.

In all the filesystems that I work with (in the Unix space), in order to
get a filesystem larger than a terabyte your minimum blocksize has to be
larger than 512 bytes anyway.

It's likely that a > 4byte LBA will be needed, but I doubt strongly that
it would have any linkage with current or next year's technology.

-matt

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com