MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT: Cable Performance Review Study Group/SCSI SIGNAL MODELING

Dean Wallace d_wallace at qlc.com
Fri Jun 25 11:39:44 PDT 1999

* Dean Wallace <d_wallace at qlc.com>
*
 Meeting Announcement:
 CABLE PERFORMANCE REVIEW STUDY GROUP MEETING (July28)
 SCSI SIGNAL MODELING STUDY GROUP MEETING (July 29)
 July 28/29, 1999

 Hosted by:		Hitachi Cable Manchester

 Location:		Holiday Inn "The Center of NH"
 			700 Elm Street
 			Manchester, NH 03101
 			(603) 625-1000	(603) 625-4595 (Fax)

 Room Rate:		Approx. $85.00
 Group Name: 		Hitachi Cable

 Driving Instructions:
 Getting to the Holiday Inn Plaza  from the  Manchester (MHT) Airport
 [Approximate Travel Time: 15 minutes] Follow signs for exiting the airport

 onto Brown Ave. Turn Right onto Brown Ave. Approximately 1-1/2 miles turn
 left onto I-293 and 101 West (just after the overpass). After you cross
 the
 bridge over the Merrimack River turn north on I-293, Take exit 5 and turn
 right onto Granite Street. Turn left onto Elm Street. The Holiday Inn
 Plaza
 is on the left (700 Elm Street, 603-625-000).
 Getting to the Holiday Inn Plaza from Boston's Logan [Approximate Travel
 Time: 55 minutes]  As you exit from Logan Airport, you want to turn left
 (South) on 1A and go through the Sumner Tunnel. Do not attempt to use the
 Ted William's tunnel, which is only open to commercial traffic.
 If traffic is light:  The electric sign will direct you to turn left
 (South) on 1A directly towards the Sumner Tunnel.
 If traffic is heavy: The electric sign and state police will require you
 take the "alternate route" to Sumner Tunnel:
 Turn right (North) on 1A, away from the tunnel. Get off at the first exit
 and keep to the left down the exit ramp. At the bottom of the ramp make a
 U-turn back onto 1A, heading South towards the tunnel.
 Try to develop a sense of patience. This really is not as difficult as it
 sounds. You'll be in line with a few hundred taxis. Just follow them
 around
 the loop.
 You should be in the left lane going into and through the Sumner tunnel.
  Upon exiting the Sumner Tunnel, make a broad right and go up the highway
 entrance ramp (which leads to I-93 North). Take  North all the way to New
 Hampshire.
 Once in New Hampshire, bare left onto I-293 and 101 West , after you cross

 the bridge over the Merrimack river (approx. 1-1/2 miles) turn north on
 I-293. Take exit 5 and turn right onto Granite Street. Turn left onto Elm
 Street. The Holiday Inn Plaza is on the left (700 Elm Street,
 603-625-1000).
 Host Contact:		Zane S. Daggett (603)-669-4347 ext. 236
 zdaggett at hcm.hitachi.com or
 Claire Thompson

 Agenda Cable Performance Review Study Group.
 1) Introduction
 2) document editing session.

 Agenda SCSI Signal Modeling.
 1) Introduction
 2) Overview of effort.
 3) Presentations
    - Host board model (Tariz Abou-Jeyab, Adaptec)
    - Target board model (Dean Wallace, QLogic)
    - Cable media measured parameters and measurement
      method (Jie Fan, Madison Cable)
    - Difference between measured TDR and simulated TDR
      (Martin Ogbuokiri, Molex).
    - Number of conductor pairs that must be considered in
      simulations that include pair to pair coupling
      (Larry Barnes, LSI Logic).
 4) Cable assemblies transition region.
 5) Interconnect PCB (e.g. backplane)
 6) Transceivers
 7) System Configuration
 8) Data Patterns
 9) Data Rate
 10) Verification and correlation
 11) Model location, type and organization.

REGARDS DEAN WALLACE QLogic Corp.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com