Re 2: Revised proposal on MSE high-impedance spec

Richard Moore r_moore at qlc.com
Mon Jun 21 13:28:42 PDT 1999

* Richard Moore <r_moore at qlc.com>
*
Gene has a point and so does John. If you superimpose Figure 26 (the active
negation I-V
region) on the new figure, you would see the current (for a single high-Z
MSE receiver)
crossing the maximum active-negation driver output at 7 mA. With multiple
high-Z MSE receivers
I believe this intersection could be on the 20 mA segment of Figure 26.
However, I don't think
the 160 mA in Gene's original comment is possible due to the limit in Figure
26. (I'm ignoring
terminators for the moment) I suspect real devices will operate well inside
the boundaries
of Figure 26, so I would expect 7-10 mA would be more likely.

How much current would we consider to be excessive?

 -- Richard Moore
    QLogic Corp.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com