Name that multi-port SCSI device

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Tue Jun 15 08:06:08 PDT 1999

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
<<What is difference between the words 'Device' and 'Target'?>>

     The SCSI device has a target, at least one LUN, and at least one
device server. The Target has an address and capability to pass stuff to at
least one LUN but no device server.

<<How
significant of a difference is there between the phrases
- "a SCSI device for each port"  and
- "a SCSI target for each port">>

     Not very to the main point I was making. I focused on SCSI device due
to the subject of the thread. However SCSI device conveys the original
issue in my mind of the shared device server (e.g. R/W media) between the
two SCSI devices (ported by the two targets).

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com